Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gel Kayano 18 Review

The new shoes - I am quite enamored with these new running shoes, i have logged around 70-80 miles on them since i purchased them a few weeks ago, I wanted to share my experiences with the evolution to these shoes.

I have had a bout with plantar facitis which is quite a runners bane.  This has forced me to use some of the bulkier foundation shoes in the past.  I have moved from Nike Air Vomero 5s, Asics Gel Cumulus, Asics Gel Foundation 10s, Brooks Beasts, and Finally the Kayano 18.

It has been a real struggle to find a home but after putting 1100 miles to date on running shoes i can finally say that i found the perfect shoe for me.

Design - The design is well thought out despite one or two little flaws that are more cosmetic in nature.  The external heel support design is really nice to reduce friction on your heel when running so i get less rubbing on my foot.  the shoe weighs next to nothing really, the size ten mens weighs around 11 oz total.  The front crushes in pretty easily and has a fold in the front part of the shoe that is kind of visually annoying.  But overall it is well designed.

Durability - Its hard to speak fully to this aspect due to the low mileage i have put on these shoes.  So far they still look flawless after the 70ish miles i have put on them.  I see no sole peeling or excessive wear points at all.

Price Point - Very High, these shoes are 150.00 msrp and thats right on for store prices.  Time will tell if the price justifies the shoe.


I would give these a high recommendation for any runners looking for a great neutral shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment